Wednesday, October 10, 2007

DONE!

That's right, I finally finished painting the guest room! I put the last coat on the walls and took down all the tape today. It was a little bit of a trial and error deal, cause I figured out that I needed to take a razor to the tape in order to separate the tape from the paint on the wall, otherwise it made the paint peel back. As a result, I had some touch ups to do this afternoon, but it's all done!!!!!!!! Thank heavens! Here's some pics:


By the bed from the door.


The end of the bed from the door.


The doorway and dresser from by the window.


My favorite part of the room...the closet.


The newly painted door that looks brand new. :)

I tried to edit the color using photoshop to be as close to the actual paint color as possible. I think the color in the photo of the closet is the closest. The entire look is very fresh and has a very Caribbean feel to it, I think. At first, both Nathan and I were a little worried about whether we would like it, but now that it's all done and the tape is gone, we both really love it.

Now all that's left to do is put the blinds, drapes, and pictures back up, replace the light fixture, and trade out the outlets. Oh, and we'd love to replace the carpet, because let's face it, shag brown just doesn't go with the new paint job. All in good time.

1 comment:

Carly said...

it looks so cheery! good work, team!