Monday, October 1, 2007

Dresser!

I actually accomplished something today. After purchasing all that paint this weekend, I decided that I wanted to get started painting on something. Tackling a room just seemed like too big of a project when I have to be at the Young Life club house at 5:30 pm tonight for our first club, but I figured I could start and finish repainting my heirloom dresser in that amount of time. Which I did. Unfortunately, it took a little longer than expected, because I put two coats of primer on it, which I mistook for the flat white paint I wanted to use. So I ended up with 3 coats of paint, as well as two coats of the jade white for the embellishments. So here it is, the finished product, sans glass top which will be added once I get all the wax from the candles I use to burn cleaned off.


I'm really happy with how it turned out and can't wait to see how the room looks once it is painted. Nathan said he's going to work on hand sanding and priming the closet in the guest bedroom, so there's a possibility that the guest room will be finished by the end of this week. So stay tuned!

3 comments:

D said...

VERY cute!

Auntie Dani said...

It looks so good! Good job...you can do my houes when I get one.

Carly said...

so fun!!!!!!! i'm so excited for you guys! :) oh- and i'm using your birthday count down ticker as a ticker to my baby's birth, since we're hoping she comes that day. :) haha