Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Cleaning Of The Closet

I think this is one of the most dreaded activities of motherhood, right up there with teething and immunization appointments. It's the time when you go through your baby's closet and ruthlessly extract the oh-so-adorable clothes that no longer fit your ever-growing child.

I just now forced myself to clean out the boys' size 3 Month clothes...they are currently wavering between size 6 Month and 9 Month. Their closet has been a jumble of these three different sizes as I gradually bring in the bigger clothes and yet refuse to part with the smaller. It's been a source of endless frustration as we try to grab onesies that actually fit over the boys' heads and wade through the pile of too-small footie pj's, but I just couldn't say goodbye. I can lie all I want, claiming a lack of time to sort through the mess, but it's not true. I was just stalling.

It could also be that I have realized that we are woefully low on size 9 Month clothes. One of my co-workers generously gave us the clothes his boys grew out of and there was a range from newborn to 12 month. Because of that, we really haven't had to buy the boys ANY clothes since we brought them home, aside from the outfits that were "just too adorable" for my mom to pass up. From newborn to 6 Months, we were 100% set. Starting at 9 Months, though, the pile starts to dwindle and I think we're actually going to have to start coughing up the moolah to get the boys onesies, socks, t-shirts, and pants that actually fit. Oh no, I have to go baby clothes shopping! Such a shame, such a shame.

But back to my original point. Cleaning out your baby's closet is painful. It hurts every single time.

But it sure looks a whole heck of a lot better!

1 comment:

Arly said...

I just gave a massive tub of clothes that Nathan outgrew to a friend of ours. He's wearing 12 to 18 months. It was sad, I agree. Luckily most of our clothes were hand me downs from Sams older brother.