Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Current Countdown

  • 3 days until my interview in Bothell, WA
  • 13 days until we can start moving into our rental
  • 15 days until we close on the house sale
  • 15 days until my interview in Madras, OR
  • 22 days until we have to be 100% out of our house
  • 23 days until my very last day at Baker County Consolidated Dispatch as a full time dispatcher

Is it bad that I'm starting to get just plain sick and tired of this whole process? I don't want to be moving, I don't want to fill out any more applications, I don't want to drive across the state anymore. Any chance we could just fast forward through the next couple of months to the point where we have a steady income and are settled into a house somewhere? I'm trying so hard to keep a good attitude as time progresses, and I am still very excited about what our future holds...but I'm just SOOOOOO tired. Literally every spare moment of my life is filled with filling out applications, making calls about job openings, driving to and from interviews, filling out background questionnaires, looking for more jobs...that includes any down time I have at work. The rest of my time is filled with working full time, babies, cleaning house, doing laundry, paying bills, and getting an average of 5 hours of sleep. The only part of any of that that I enjoy is the babies part.

On the bright side, we have sold our house, we're just weeks away from being 100% debt free, and we made over $400 on our garage sale that Nathan and my parents took care of yesterday. It is SO nice to have the garage sale done, just one less thing on my list of crap that needs to get done in the next 23 days. You should see my list of addresses that need changed...and how much of a pain in the butt is it going to be to have to change our address twice in as many months? The other good news is that my mom offered to go with me on my trip to Bothell; we're driving up there on Tuesday, I'm hopefully doing a sit-in on Tuesday evening, my interview is at 11:30 am on Wednesday, and then we're immediately driving home. Yuck. But having Mom with me will make the trip a lot more enjoyable.

It's not even 10 am and I already need some wine.

No comments: