Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thoughts From Yesterday

I had these random thoughts while driving around town yesterday, but completely ran out of time to post them...until now. At 6:55 am. The morning after getting off work at 1:00 am. After going on a 2 mile run. I need a nap.


  • I saw a man driving a beautiful red classic car, while dressed in sailor whites. Complete with the sailor cap. I felt like I had stepped back into another era and it made me smile.
  • Running a 5k in 85 degree weather is never comfortable. Or advisable.
  • I'm only 0.8 lbs away from my goal weight.
  • That's after getting up to 5 lbs above goal weight due to a friend's birthday party last Sunday that involved a little bit of splurging. Just a little. Ok, a lot.
  • Night before last I looked at pictures of the boys' delivery. I don't remember much of the delivery. I had been up for over 24 hours and was on magnesium. The pictures hurt my heart to see how absolutely tiny the boys were. I had to go in their room and snuggle Levi, just to remind myself that they're big and strong now. This was at 2:30 am. Thankfully, Levi didn't get mad at me.
  • Why do people think it's ok to take their very young kids on a walk at 11 pm? You would be amazed at how often I see people pushing strollers past the police department when I get off shift.
  • I bought a potty training seat yesterday.
  • Just the idea of potty training twin boys makes me shudder.
  • So does the idea of moving the same twins from cribs to real beds. Please no?
  • I am ridiculously excited about switching to day shift next month.
  • It's almost August.
  • Where did summer go?
Ok, it's shower time now, then off to Weight Watchers. Then it's nap time.

No comments: