Friday, December 28, 2007

Let's End on a Positive Note, Shall We?

I really don't like putting a highly negative post on this site, it's just a downer every time I look at it. So I decided I need to write a positive post to make up for it.

It's snowing here. Not the crazy nasty storm we were suppose to get, but rather a slow, lazy snow that is kind of swirling around. It's been a very nice view out of my window at work all day today. Very conducive to sipping on tea.

Since doing my ride along w/ our police Sergeant, I'm not longer scared spitless of him. He came into dispatch today and I was actually able to hold a conversation and joke with him without shivering in my boots. I've also been much more confident in my work, which has been great.

Now that the holidays are over, I once again have the motivation to eat right and get more healthy. Thank goodness.

Both Nathan and I got several gift cards to Home Depot for Christmas, which is something we specifically asked for because our bathroom is in severe need of an overhaul. So next weekend we're hoping to head to Ontario (depending on road conditions) to pick out a new bathtub, shower surround, and sink to install. This, in turn, will force us to go work out for a while because we won't have a working shower and we'll have to use the gym showers.

We ordered Guitar Hero III for the Wii from Walmart.com the other day. It should be here between the 3rd and the 7th. Big yay there!

Our plans for New Year's keep getting better and better. Either we're going to stay in town on the 31st, go to Barley's for a bit, and head home at a reasonable hour OR we're going to see if our friends' cabin up at Anthony Lakes (the local ski area) is available and spend the night there on the 31st. Then, either way, we're going skiing/snowboarding New Year's Day. Sounds like an excellent plan to me, darn it!

I love how our blog page looks now. It makes me happy. I figured I needed to change it, since it's most definitely not Christmas anymore, but couldn't find a New Years theme that I liked. So it's a winter theme instead.

...and the more I look at that blue and tan together, the more I really want to paint a room some combination of those colors...hmmm.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Lindy-
Yes, your blog looks lovely :) I think my favorite color combination is tiffany blue and chocolate brown. I think blue and brown were meant to go together. :)

I didn't know they made guitar hero for the wii, but then again I don't know much about stuff like that... but that's really cool next time we're in town we'll have to stop by and play with you guys. (We would whether you had a guitar hero or not haha)

About your "negative post"... Lindy, let me just say you and I are very much alike sometimes. It's stupid when you treat your friends the way you want to be treated and they treat you the way that's convenient to them at the time, but inevitably that's the way the majority of my friendships are. Grrr