Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Yes, It's 3:30 AM

Levi has been having trouble sleeping tonight. Not sure if it's teething or what, but he's been waking up crying every 20 minutes or so; he has now been moved to the swing downstairs and I am patiently waiting for him to fall asleep before I crash on the air mattress down stairs. I'm two hours shy of being awake for 24 hours, might as well round it out. In the mean time, I thought I'd share some photos from our hiking trip yesterday.

I woke Nathan up yesterday morning asking him if he'd like to go for a hike at Silver Falls State Park (formally known as Silver Creek Falls State Park; evidently this is a sore subject for the locals, so don't ask about it). After taking a brief detour up to Tualatin to get a second external frame baby backpack, we headed back south again. I had never been to Silver Falls but had always wanted to go. It was definitely beautiful, regardless of the creek being a little low on water and how many other people had evidently shared the same inspiration that had struck me.

Side note: why do people come out into nature and then spoil it by smoking? I mean, seriously? Isn't one of the quoted reasons for coming out into nature to get some "fresh air"? Smokers irk me. But I digress.

After walking to the base of the falls, we hiked along the edge of the creek for a bit, which was beautiful; we even found some places were you could walk out onto the lava stone bed into the creek a bit. Very cool. Lava definitely rocks.

Second side note: twenty minutes into moving Levi into the swing, he's still crying. Normally it only takes him at most two minutes to konk out in the swing. This is going to be a loooong night.

Sorry to ramble, I'm exhausted. I'll just share some photos with you and call it a night...hopefully.








Asher in the pack Mommy was carrying.

Levi in the pack Daddy was carrying.


Huh, I took a lot of photos of leaves. It felt good to have a camera in my hand, regardless of it being our little digital point and shoot instead of our nice camera. You have NO idea how hard it is to stay balanced for a good shot, especially if kneeling, when you have a baby pack on!

Post-Script: An hour later, I finally figure out that what Levi wants is a bottle. Sorry that Mommy is so dense sometimes, little guy. It's just so rare that the boys want fed during the night anymore that it takes a while to figure it out. Now that his little tummy is full, he is happily zonked out in the swing with his nose buried in the little stuffed otter we got them in Lincoln City. And now it's my bedtime...finally.

No comments: