Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting There!!!


You may or may not know that I'm doing Weight Watchers again. I say 'again', because I was on my 5th week of WW when I found out I was pregnant with the boys. Since doctors kind of frown on losing weight while pregnant, I had to put WW on hold until after the boys were born.

Well, "until after the boys are born" turned into "after they get out of the NICU". Which turned into "after I'm done nursing". Which then morphed into "after I find a new job/we move across the state/we get settled".

Finally, 8 weeks ago both my mom and I signed up for the local WW meetings and have been going ever since. Both of us have been steadily losing weight, which is totally exciting! I've been losing an average of 2.2 lbs per week, which is about as much weight as you want to lose each week.

Besides the satisfaction of seeing the number on the scale get lower, WW also has a ton of little awards to mark your progress. When you return for your second meeting, you get a "you survived your first week" book mark. Each time you lose 5 lbs, you get a small star sticker with a 5 on it to put on the aforementioned book mark. When you lose 5% of your starting weight, you get a big sticker with a 5% on it. I never thought I'd be so excited to get stickers, for goodness sakes.

When you reach your 10% goal (meaning you've lost 10% of your starting weight) you get a nifty bronze colored key ring in the shape of a 10. I've had my eye on that key ring for weeks now, and on Saturday I finally earned it!

I've officially lost 17.6 lbs in the past 8 weeks. Even more exciting, I'm only 4.8 lbs away from my weight on the day I found out I was pregnant! For some reason, reaching that number will feel like a huge accomplishment...like I'm no longer backtracking over my weight loss prior to being pregnant. That's over 20 lbs of backtracking, and I'm ready to be out from under that and breaking new ground!

Wish me luck! Only another 36.8 lbs to go until I reach my goal weight...I'm a third of the way there!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Woohoo! Although that key chain looks heavy... you'd think they wouldn't add on more weight to carry around to celebrate that which was lost. :-)

Janis said...

Congratulations!!!I am proud of you! Onward and downward!