Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Little Action Happy

I admit it...I went a little Photoshop action happy tonight. I finally got a copy of the photos I took during the Women's Retreat from my mom, and decided to play with them a bit.


By the way...a 16 oz skinny kicker at 4:30 pm...on the night that Daylight Savings kicks in...not smart. Just sayin'.

Anyway, the lighting wasn't real great when I took these photos and I was using my parents' smaller camera rather than our fancy Nikon, so I wasn't super happy with how the photos turned out. To put it bluntly, they were very blah...grey...lifeless. So I kicked the actions into high gear and here's what I got!









Mom, don't you dare copy these photos from this blog! I put quality copies on your jump drive!

Today after the boys woke up from their VERY long naps (they both have double ear infections AGAIN), we headed to my parents' place, dropped off the boys, drove to Oregon City, and....

...gave Bandit to another home.

Please don't give us a hard time about this. It's a decision we have been working on since around November, and it wasn't an easy one to make. I think we feel guilty enough about it without anyone helping us along on that front. We finally decided that we simply aren't able to give him the kind of attention he needs and deserves, he doesn't really have anywhere to run and play, and his maintenance training was severely lacking. So after posting him on Craig's List, we got a reply from a wonderful woman with four children, who grew up raising Springer Spaniels, and was an absolute perfect fit. We spent about half an hour at her house this afternoon, just getting to know her and watching Bandit bond with her 11 year old son. Before leaving, we made her promise to call us if he doesn't work out for their family for any reason, and while we weren't happy about giving him away, we were confident that he is in a place where he will be loved and cared for.

Meanwhile, back at my parents', the boys were doing their darndest to tear the house apart.


Asher trying on Grammy's shoes.

Levi in the cupboard.



This is their favorite place to play at Grammy and Grandpa's.

Before we arrive, this cupboard is filled with tupperware and plastic bowls. By the time we are ready to leave, the entire contents of said cupboard is scattered throughout the kitchen, dining room, and living room. These boys don't do anything half way.

In closing, I would ask that you be praying for our little family. We are trying to re-evaluate our living situation in order to be better stewards of our money, and we have a lot of big decisions facing us. I'll give more details as things arise, but for now please keep us in your prayers.

And now, since the clock says 1:19 am but it's really 2:19 am, and since church starts at 9:45 am...I'm going to bed.

Night!

No comments: