Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In Remembrance...

I've never had to worry about my loved one not coming home from a war zone.


I've never laid awake at night wondering where my husband is...whether he's safe...whether bullets are flying.

I've never been alone for months at a time, struggling to keep a home and family together while my other half fights for freedom.

I've never been an 'army' wife. Selfishly, I thank God that I've never had to bear that burden.

I thank God for those who have made this life I enjoy possible. The husbands, wives, sons, daughters, brother, and sisters who leave behind comfort and love to protect the freedoms of their fellow countrymen and those who are unable to protect themselves. The husbands, wives, sons, daughters, fathers, and mothers who are home with a piece of their hearts missing. And those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

To all of you...thank you.

Ask me if I support war and I will say no.

Ask me if I support our troops...

And I will say...

Always.

No comments: