Tuesday, November 27, 2007

List Makers, Unite!

I've talked a couple of times on here about how I am more than slightly obsessive about making to-do lists. Well, I'm not alone. Here's a blog centered completely around making to-do lists:

http://www.todolistblog.com/

I absolutely love the post "Eight Surprising To D0 List Facts". I fit in 7 of the 8 points that she talks about, I'll let you guess which one I don't do. Oddly enough, a lot of people equate list makers with being anti-procrastinators...thing is, I am a HUGE procrastinator. It's one of the things I like the least about myself.

(short break: It's currently snowing...under blue sky. How...?)

The other post I loved was a couple of posts below the Suprising Facts post, entitled "110 Things to Do Before He Dies (Written in 1998)". I wrote a list like this a couple of years ago, and I now have no idea where it is. Maybe I should start again. Some people would argue, "What's the point of making a To Do Before I Die list when you don't know when your deadline is?" I don't think it's so much about accomplishing ALL of those goals before you die, as much as it's about remembering your dreams and reminding yourself to live life to the fullest every day.
If you couldn't tell, the makers of this blog just recently published a book entitled (what else?) To-Do List. I may have to track down this book.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Oh i think it's cute and i don't mind at all :) love the listmakers blog-- i'm a sucker for making a list but i rarely follow it is that dumb? i make lists a lot but i hardly look at them!