Friday, April 11, 2008

Crib!

So my Nanna (my dad's mom) called me last night and told me that she and Grandpa would like to buy our baby's crib for us and that they would be putting a check in the mail tomorrow. How exciting! The crib was going to be the big ticket item for the nursery. Now the only piece of furniture we need/want to buy is a gliding rocker with an ottoman. Here's the crib I found at BabiesRUs that both Nathan and I really like. It converts to a toddler bed with railings, a day bed, and a full size bed headboard, and includes the rolling drawer underneath.

I just wish they still carried the bedding in that picture, I love it! Other than the crib, I already have a wonderful dresser and bedside table with shelves and drawers in it that have been passed down on my dad's side for generations. I think they were originally my great grandmother's. The dresser will double as a changing table since it has a nice big, square top. The bedside table can go next to the rocker. Eventually I'd like to find a smallish, white bookshelf to put baby books and the like on.

And of course, we'll have to get bedding, window treatments, etc. But I'm just super excited that the only thing we're faced with buying in terms of nursery furniture is the rocker. Here is the bedding set Nathan picked out from Target, it matches the paint in the room perfectly.


There's a really cute valance to go at the top of the window that looks almost exactly like the dust ruffle in this picture. Plus there's a really cute hamper, diaper bag, and crib mobile that you can buy with this set. LOVE! Here's the funny thing. About the time I started really feeling my biological clock ticking, I took a trip to Portland to visit friends and, on a whim, bought this blanket.


Without realizing, I then picked out paint for that room that perfectly matches the green in this blanket. Which was cool enough on it's own. But then, as I was browsing items from the bedding collection we picked out, I discovered that this blanket was actually a part of that collection! What are the odds?!?! And I love that I now know this entire collection will go PERFECTLY with the paint in the room since the blanket matches so well. It was meant to be, I tell you! ;)

Anyway, just had to share the cuteness!

No comments: