Thursday, April 24, 2008

Woohoo!

So today I am exactly 9 weeks along. Which means that our baby has officially graduated from 'embryo' to a full fledged fetus!!!

Yes, when you're pregnant it doesn't take very much to get you completely giddy. Oh, and now the baby in my ticker on the right is looking decidedly more human like and less...alien. Excellent! According to "What to Expect When You're Expecting", the baby is about 1 inch long and is starting to develop its muscles this week.

This month holds a lot of anticipation...as if the entire pregnancy doesn't! Anyway, at the end of this month, we will get to see our first ultrasound, hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time, and I will finish my first trimester. Very exciting!

Sometimes it's incredibly overwhelming to think about all the things we need/want to get done before the baby comes in 7 months. But I try not to dwell on it too much, we'll get as much as we can done.

Anyway, Nathan should be up soon, at which point I get to go to bed. Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Carly said...

Yahoo! :) I'm so glad you aren't too sick or anything like that!!!
I'm coming in May over Memorial Day weekend so let me help you with some house stuff! We can revamp some furniture or something! :)
I never talk to you anymore... this must be fixed! lol