Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Few Highlights

Today's Mentionables (not to be confused with Unmentionables):

  • Levi is cutting a tooth. Really truly this time; there's a small hole in his gums that a tip of white tooth is poking though. But, in true Labunski fashion, he is cutting his upper left tooth rather than a bottom tooth like most other babies do. We like to swim against the stream, we do...yeah.
  • We went out to dinner at Golden Valley Brewery tonight, where it was Tip A Cop night. The local city officers and county deputies help wait tables to raise money for the Yamhill County Special Olympics, which just rocks in my book. Well, one of our city officers came up to the table to tell us about the fundraiser, made a goofy face at Levi, and waved...and Levi promptly waved back. Full extended arm, up and down, smiling at the officer, waved. First intentional wave recorded. Loved it. And of course it had to be at one of the officers...that just makes sense. Right?
  • I think I've failed to mention that the boys say Da-Da and Ma-Ma on a regular basis now. Actually, Ma-Ma sounds more like Mom-Mom-Mom-Mom. Plus they frequently look at the dog and say DA! We're pretty sure they're trying to say dog, because the dog-focused "da" sounds more like "daah", while the da-da version sounds more like the da in Dad.
  • My first day of work was great! I'm totally excited to get through all of my training and get back into the groove of being a true dispatcher, so I'm going to be busting my butt non-stop to make sure that happens as soon as possible.
  • I'm tired, so I'm going to bed. Yes, I'm aware that it's not even 8 pm, but I slept horribly last night and I will be getting up at 5:45 am again tomorrow morning...after a month of having no true wake-up time, 5:34 am arrives VERY early.
Night!

No comments: