Thursday, July 16, 2009

iFail

No really, I apologize. It has been WEEKS since my last post, and I have no excuse except laziness...and boys being sick/teething...and moving into a new house...and getting ready to start a new job...oh...and laziness.

Being out of work for a month has not done anything to help my motivation. I'm SO ready to get started! The good news is that my start date is on the 23rd, and I'll be working my first couple of months on day shift, 0700-1700, Thurs-Sun. Unfortunately, that means I will have NO weekends off for the next few months, but hey, I have a husband who doesn't work so coordinating days off really isn't an issue! Plus I luuuuuv me some 10 hour shifts. So here's to getting started in...hey, whaddaya know, exactly one week!

As I mentioned, the boys are teething. Or they have a cold. Not sure which. No fevers, runny noses, drooling like crazy, cranky, chewing like mad, and really tender swollen gums. Not to mention some really sleepless nights. Yet we haven't seen any teeth poking through. So I don't know. To all you mothers out there, how long does it usually take a tooth to appear once the really intense teething symptoms crop up?

Oh. And the sale of our house in Baker hasn't closed yet. We're ticked. It was suppose to close on June 22nd, almost a month ago, but the lender that the buyers are going through are dragging their feet like crazy. They're constantly finding tiny little things to nitpick, effectively delaying the process...things like asking the assessor to further describe the street noise. WHAT?!?! SERIOUSLY?!?! The deadline for closing on the house has already been bumped back twice now (once to the end of June, and then again to July 15th) and is now being bumped back yet again, to the 27th. We thought we were really close to getting papers drawn up yesterday, but now the lender needs more pay stubs, bank statements, and rent bills from the buyers...because it's a new month, don'tcha know. Did I mention that we have no income yet?! And depending on the pay schedule at my new job, it could be anywhere from three to five weeks before I get paid.

We're sweating a little bit here, and that has nothing to do with the 90 degree temperatures that have been gracing McMinnville of late.

Ok, I need a blast of cuteness to lower my blood pressure again.

Levi holding his own ba-ba.


Asher (top) and Levi (bottom) hanging out in their new "wrestling ring".


Asher fell asleep while hanging out on the couch with Daddy.


Asher sitting up all by himself...he managed to do this for a good 5 minutes or so.


Asher (left) and Levi (right) enjoying a private concert from Uncle Eliot on 4th of July.


As usual, I feel better now.

By the way, if you know anyone on the market for a 2005 Dodge Durango, we're looking to sell ours in order to downgrade to a smaller (less ridiculous) vehicle.

No comments: