Friday, July 17, 2009

Wait...Is That....?

Maybe?


Just possibly...


Don't want to get my hopes up, but....



YES!

I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

We got word from our realtor this morning that the loan documents (for the buyers of our house) were being drawn up today and if all goes well, we should be closing on Monday!!!!

I'm trying not to get too excited, because we've had WAY too many setbacks already, but this is the first time we've heard the words "the documents are being drawn up". So please be praying that nothing else pops up and that we actually have documents to sign on Monday. Because if we do, that means we should get our check by (hopefully) Wednesday, at which point we can pay off ALL of our debt and leave our old life behind us. No more paying for yesterday!!!

I loved our home in Baker, especially after we put so much work into remodeling it. But honestly, I'm just ready to be done with it. This has been such a roller coaster ride and I'm ready for it to be over...and I suppose all those feelings are physically represented by still owning this house. I'll never forget how blessed we were by the gift that Marla gave us, and how that blessing will continue to effect the rest of our lives; I guess I'm just not one for having the goodbye period lasting so long.

On the work front, I went for a ride along today with a deputy who is also a part time dispatcher, which was a lot of fun. We drove ALL OVER THE PLACE...well, all over the place while being confined to northern Yamhill County. I'm looking forward to doing a couple more ride along's, not to mention getting started in dispatch (I think I've said that before). I miss the work, I miss having work to go to, and yes, I miss the adrenaline.

On the twin front, things aren't quite as...smooth? We've stopped waffling over whether the boys have a cold or are teething, and have come to the conclusion that they mostly have a cold with possible teething thrown in there. Both have low grade fevers; we have an ear thermometer and when I measured Levi's temp, it was three degrees higher in his left ear than in his right ear. He's also been very sensitive about his left ear, crying whenever you touch it. So we got the boys into the Urgent Care Center this afternoon and found out that they BOTH have ear infections in their left ears. Really? Seriously boys, just because you're twins doesn't mean that you have to do everything EXACTLY the same, at EXACTLY the same time. Now they're on antibiotics, which will hopefully kick this cold/ear infection crap in the butt so they can go back to being healthy and happy babies...and so we can all go back to sleeping at night.

Speaking of sleep, both of the boys are asleep in their swings in the living room. We have an air mattress set up in the office so that whoever is on baby duty can crash on that to be near them, while the other one can get some sleep upstairs. Tonight is my turn on baby duty. I guess this is preparing me to be back on shift work, but honestly people, I'm not going onto graveyard for a while. Anyway, the whole point to this paragraph was to say that I am now going to deposit myself onto that air mattress and try to get some zzz's myself...and hopefully kick this sore throat I've felt coming on for the past 24 hours. Night!

No comments: