Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You see...There's This Guy

He is part of our bible study.

He kind of drives me nuts, and not in the good way. He has a bit of a disability, and yet despite knowing that, I get frustrated by the way that he expresses himself. It takes him a long time to get to his point and almost every thought is punctuated with various ways that his faith far outstrips the rest of ours.

And yet...

When he gets to the point, it's like God is reaching out from Heaven and hitting me with the proverbial 2x4. Every time we meet for bible study (once every two weeks), he says at least one thing that takes me breath away and makes me really re-evaluate the way that I view other people.

Tonight, it took him a good five minutes to say "every one of you needs to remember that you are special and have a divine purpose on earth, and that God loves you more than you can imagine". It was almost lost in translation, but when I realized what he was saying, it brought me to tears. I struggle so much to find my worth in this world, yet I could clearly hear God's love coming through in the words of someone that I often lose patience with.

It's humbling, folks.

And so beautiful.

No comments: