Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there who are already mothers and to those of my friends who are currently mothers-to-be with me! I hope you are getting as pampered as I am going to be. Tonight Nathan is going to make me a pork tenderloin and corn on the cob dinner (I can probably even talk him into make Marla's Mac & Cheese) and he promised me a backrub. Which excites me to no end, because these kiddos have caused my back muscles to ache pretty much non-stop. Now that I think about it...it's kind of strange to be able to celebrate Mother's Day. And don't even try to tell me I'm not a mother yet, believe me, I worry about these two kids I'm carrying enough to be a mom!

Last night was our last night performing in Elgin (hallelujah!!!) and actually, all things considered, both of our performances over there went pretty well. The first night was a little rocky, but not as bad as I expected. Last night we made several mistakes but the awesome part was that everyone in the cast managed to smoothly skip over the mistakes so the audience never even knew they happened. And for those of you who have never acted, that is actually the hardest part of acting on a stage...there are no retakes and you just have to keep going. It made me very proud of everyone in the play especially since this is the first play that some of them have ever been in.

And now...I have tonight and tomorrow night completely off from the play. Monday night is our last Young Life club of the school year and then we rehearse here in Baker Tues-Thurs, with performances here Fri-Sat. I can't even tell you how excited I am about having two nights off from performing or rehearsing the play. I need a couple of days to recharge.

Tomorrow, Nathan's mom comes to visit for a couple of days, which we're both really excited about. I'll be sleeping in tomorrow morning and then hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in a quick visit to the high school during their lunch period before Jan gets here. Nathan is taking Tuesday off and I have no idea what we're doing that day...besides sleeping in!

Now I just have to make it through 9 1/2 more hours of work without falling asleep!

No comments: