Friday, May 16, 2008

Quilt Fabrics!

Ok, like I promised, here are some photos of the fabric and pattern for the twins' quilts. The first pic is of the pattern I sketched out. There's going to be a 4" border on the very outside, nine 8" blocks in the center, and 2" sashing between all the blocks and between the blocks and the outer border. The block in the center is going to be the same fabric as the back of the quilts, and then there are going to be two fabrics alternating around the outside blocks in a 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2 pattern clockwise starting in the upper left corner.


Next is the fabric for the quilts. I'm so excited about the fabrics that Dana and I picked out! The fabric on the left are for the first quilt and the fabrics on the right are for the second quilt. The only difference between the two are going to be the two fabrics that are used for the outside blocks. Ok, from bottom to top, the green fabric at the bottom is going to be the back of both quilts, as well as the center block for both quilts. It is also the same fabric I'm going to use to make the bumpers. The first brown fabric is the sashing that is going to go between all of the blocks. The brown fabric with the multi-colored bursts is going to be the border for both quilts. The very top fabric on the left is going to be the block fabric 1 in the first quilt, with the tan star fabric as the block fabric 2. The top fabric on the right is going to be the block fabric 1 and the tan with red and green dots is going to be fabric 2. To go along with this, we're going to get some dark brown fitted sheets to match the green & brown pattern.


The last photo is of the two fabrics I'm going to use to make the window topper valance. I'm going to cut these into 8" x 8" blocks that are going to alternate, starting with the dark brown first. I'm going to use left over scraps of the other fabrics to make the loops that the valance will hang from. I know it's hard to see, but the tan fabric has tiny light green (like the green w/ white dots fabric) and maroon dots. Too cute.


I'm super excited about making these things and decorating the nursery. Yeah, a jungle theme could have been cute, but I honestly wanted something a little more...scrappy, if you know what I mean. A little less "typical". All I can say is that I LOVE the quilt shop here in town. They have the absolute cutest fabrics and the prices are only a little above JoAnn's. The best part is that making these sets myself is going to save us close to $250-300. Sweet.

In other good news, it sound like our idea of consolidating our debt with an equity loan is going to really save us money each month, which is awesome! This makes me so excited, and it sounds like we should find out if we're approved in the next day or so! That means we should be able to start our home remodeling in the next couple of weeks!!! We already have the paint we need for our bedroom and to finish the nursery. The only other paint we will need is for the dining room/kitchen (same paint) and the bathroom. I can't even tell you how much I love the improvement to the living room. It looks like a whole different room. I know that I'm going to absolutely LOVE our house when we get it all finished up.

YAY!

No comments: