Thursday, May 22, 2008

Names I (We) Love!

Ok, so now we get to pick out two names. But if you think about it, we actually get to pick out at least 4 names. Two girls names, two boys names.

Here's a quick science lesson for you. Remember back in biology when we learned about genetics and what the chances of having a boy vs a girl are. Well, according to scientists, if you are having twins, you have a 50% chance of having a boy/girl combo, 25% of boy/boy, and 25% of girl/girl. How can that be you ask? Well, here are the possible combinations: boy/boy, girl/girl, girl/boy, boy/girl. So yeah, half of the combinations result in having a boy and a girl. Yay!

Anyway, I don't think we're going to really start trying to settle on names until we know what we're having. However, we have been bouncing around names. Here are some that I really like.

Boy Names:
Asher
Levi
Landon
Taylor
Ethan

Girl Names:
Amelia (Mia)
Isabella (Izzie)
Zoe
Sofia
Rose
Ella


My favorite boy name is Asher (thanks Arly!!!). I got a good chuckle out of thinking about the combo of Asher and Zoe...A to Z. Hee hee hee.

For some reason, I really think we're having a girl/boy combo. But maybe that's just because I know that's what both Nathan and I want. Whatever we have, though, I know we'll be happy.

If you have any fun (and realistic...no Edgars!) name suggestions, feel free to chime in! We never would have thought of Asher if Arly hadn't suggested it!

2 comments:

Carly Carlson said...

OH man Asher was one of my number one choices for a boy, too.
I wrote in my journal in high school that i wanted to have a boy named Asher and when I got pregnant I thought it'd be funny to go through with it, hahaha :)

Cute names! No suggestions- you guys have picked some real winners.

Janis said...

Love all the boy names. Love Rose and Zoe the best. Just want to point out that at work I see a lot of Sophia and Isabella