Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Where's My Genie?

But instead of three wishes? I just want one thing...one simple, itty bitty thing.

A pre-paid nanny. Do they make those?

I don't want her full time or really even part time, I just want her for today. Because let me tell you ladies and gentlemen, this double mommy is wiped out!

On Monday, Nathan started mentioning that he was feeling a little under the weather. I figured that he was just exhausted, since last week was my 5 day work week. So I took over watching the boys and he slept pretty much the entire day, which was a-okay with me. My parents came over in the afternoon and helped me with the boys, and I loved having that time with the boys, just the two of them and mommy. And then I took care of the boys all night. Thankfully, they slept for about 6 hours in a row so I was able to crash on the couch for a while

Unfortunately, yesterday Nathan was feeling even worse and spent another full day in bed. My mom picked up the boys and took them to the house they were staying in so I could get a couple of hours of sleep and then I joined them out at that house for a nice relaxing afternoon before going to dinner at Barley's...after which, I came home with the plan of handing the boys off to Nathan so I could get some sleep before work today.

...no dice. Nathan had a 102 degree temp. So I ended up calling in 'sick' to work, because the last thing we needed was for Nathan to give whatever he has to the boys and land them back in the NICU. Yeah, it would be that serious. Which means that Mommy had another long night with the boys. They did, however, let me get about 4 hours of sleep this morning after their 5 am feeding.

*Side note: I just looked next to me where the boys are enjoying some tummy time and Levi has scooched about two feet. Eeeek!

Anyway, as you can probably imagine, after taking care of twins by myself almost non-stop for a couple of days (except for a few reprieves given by my parents), I am SOOOO ready to crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head for a few hours. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon, since Nathan is still passed out on the downstairs couch.

So...pre-paid Nanny? You know my address, right?

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm so sorry to hear Nathan is sick. I hope he gets better soon for the good of the entire family! Maybe flu shots are in order for next year?

I was also thinking about what you said about the NICU, and I think technically they would go to the PICU because they won't let babies who have been outside the hospital back in the NICU (to protect the other babies form outside agents). Your babies are too big for the NICU! (isn't that great?) But regardless, I will be praying they don't have to go to anywhere near the hospital.

Hope you get some sleep!