Tuesday, September 18, 2007

M's Game!

Last weekend Nathan's dad, Ger, treated us and Kate and Eliot to a weekend in Seattle, complete with a Mariner's game, dinner at Buca di Beppo, and lunch/dinner at Pyramid Brewery. It was major good times. Surprisingly, it was an incredibly relaxed weekend, because we didn't try to fit a bunch of stuff in around the game and the great dinners.

We headed up there on Friday pretty much right after I got off of my 12 hour graveyard shift. Nathan drove the entire way while I slept. I didn't get much sleep, so as soon as we got to Seattle, ran some errands, and got to our hotel, I crashed for a couple of hours while Nathan ran a couple more errands and hung out with his family. That evening we went to dinner at Buca di Beppo (if you've never been, GO!) and had a feast, literally. Then it was back to Ger's hotel room, where we watched Kate's dvd of their Italy trip and drank more wine.

Saturday consisted of sleeping in, getting coffee (them) and tea (me) and breakfast at Starbucks, then spending some time in Border's books before heading into the city for a late lunch/early dinner at the Pyramid Brewery, which is just across the street from Safeco Field. Their Apricot Weizen is even better on tap and their burgers are big time yummy. Then it was off to the game, where we got trounced. The Rays scored 4 runs in the top of the first inning, and ended up beating us, 6-2. But it was still a fun game, and we had great seats (thanks Dad!). 11th row, field level, just a couple of sections back from 3rd base...you could actually see the blade of grass!

All in all, it was a great weekend. Below is a slideshow I put together of pictures I took at the game. I figured that would be better than have 16 photos stretching down the page. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Arly said...

Oh how I miss Safeco. Hey, did you take part in the Salsa Dance Lessons at 5:30?