Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sometimes 1 am Isn't So Bad

Tonight I went to bed at around 8 pm and then Nathan woke me up at 1 am to watch the boys so he could sleep before going to work this morning. As I was getting out of bed, all I could think about was how much I wasn't looking forward to the next seven hours before my mom gets here to give me a couple more hours of sleep. But then I walked into the boys' room, where I was greeted by bright eyed, happy babies. They were both laying in their crib, wide awake, waving their arms and making little grunting noises. Talk about stealing your heart. I just had to video it, sorry about the horrible lighting but we only have a lamp on across the (admittedly very small) room. Be sure to have your sound on so you can hear the adorable noises they're making!





After just standing by their crib for a while and watching the antics, I realized that now would be a great time for tummy time, since they were both so amazingly awake and active. So I laid one of the quilts that my mom and I made on the living room floor, put the boys down, and let them go at it. Almost as soon as I rolled Asher onto his tummy, he decided he liked his back better and so did something about it.





And just in case you think it was a fluke, just a few minutes later...





Sometimes you just have to get ticked off to work up the energy to roll over! I love Levi's face in this video, like he was cheering Asher on right along with me. Now Asher is fast asleep on the quilt on the floor (rolling over is exhausting stuff, man!) while Levi is still wide awake in the moby wrap. Both of the boys were making the most adorable noises; just before I picked him up, Levi was sounding very much like a cat meowing. Pretty entertaining if you ask me. So maybe getting woken up at 1 am wasn't so bad, if it meant that I got to hang out with these boys while they were being this incredible.

Aside from being more and more active while they're awake, the boys are also starting to go longer between feedings, sometimes up to about five hours! We were finding that if we fed them as soon as they woke up and starting fussing a little bit the first time, they were only finishing about an ounce of their bottle, when they should be eating around three ounces each time. We finally realized that if we just let them fuss for a little bit (usually only lasted about a minute) they'd go back to sleep for another hour or two, and then when they woke up they'd eat the full bottle. Yay! Thank Heaven for more than just half an hour of down time between feedings!

PS. I created another album for the boys' 3rd month.

No comments: