Wednesday, November 5, 2008

There Really Is No Place Like Home!

This is going to be a relatively short post because it has been a super long day. Last night the boys got weighed at around 1 am and had both gained about 50 grams! So we basically knew that we were going to be heading home today. At that point, we handed the boys over to the nurse so we could get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep...the better for not driving off the road, you know. The alarm went off at 7 am and we were off!

After getting showers and packing up our things in the NICU room, we checked on the boys. At around 9 am, we finally got the green light to take them home! Four hours of packing our things into cars and going over discharge stuff later, we loaded the boys in the car and headed for home.

I can't even tell you how good it feels to be home. It's so much more relaxed. I love being able to pick up the boys and just walk through the house with them, without having them connected to anything by their leads. I was able to sit at the dining room table and eat while nursing Asher at the same time! Oh, and can I tell you how much easier it is to change a baby's diaper when they don't have a ton of wires coming off of them?! The boys got their first bath at home tonight and have settled into their room. Bandit is amazing with them, very gentle and calm. All in all, life is great.

And now I'm going to throw a couple of captions on these pictures and then go check on which ever boy I hear squeaking over the baby monitor.

Ahh, home.


Levi arriving home.


Asher arriving home.


Levi in one of the swings. Sorry about the blur, he was in motion.


Asher in the other swing.


Bandit getting acquainted with Asher.


Asher's first bath at home.


Asher's first bath at home.


Levi's first bath at home.


The boys in their own crib.


Sound asleep, snuggling as always.


Home sweet home.

6 comments:

Kate said...

YAAAAAAAAY!!! :-)

Arly said...

Those pictures are too precious for words. I'm so thrilled that you got to take them home Lindy!! I'm gonna go cry now. :)

Anonymous said...

I am really happy for you. Diane

Anonymous said...

A very major Congrats!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YOURE HOME!! That is so awesome! I wish I was in Baker right now so I could come see you. Oh but I am so happy you are finally home with your boys. What a blessing. :)

Bridgete said...

Yaaaay! I'm so glad you finally got to go home!