Tuesday, February 5, 2008

For Pity Sake...

I have pink eye.

About 15 minutes after getting to work, my right eye started doing this funky half itch, half burn thing, and then started watering like mad. The last time I felt that, I ignored it and ended up getting nasty nasty case of pink eye that lasted for a long time and caused the blood vessels to rupture. I had a bright red eye for about a month! The upside...I was able to scare small children at a single glance.

So I ran to the bathroom, and sure enough, my right eye was starting to get red...oh, and so was my left one.

I left work for an hour to go to the doctor and sure enough...pink eye.

But there's a silver lining!!! The drops that I use to take as a child when I got pink eye at least once a year always stung like the dickens! Well, somehow they made it so that the drops I got today DIDN'T HURT!!!!!!! Woohoo!

It's the small things in life.

And tomorrow...I will be sleeping. All day. I've given myself permission to do that. And it's going to be lovely.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Oh no!! Enjoy your sleep day!!

Auntie Dani said...

I remember one time when I was a little girl, and I didn't know what pink eye was. When I couldn't open either one of my eyes one morning (due to the glory that is puss) I thought that I had gone blind...

I hope you're laughing...