Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Last 20 Years

Carly and Arly both tagged me, which means I'm required to do this, right?

20 years ago.....1988
I was about 4 1/2. I believe we were still living in Elgin, OR (a town even tinier than Baker outside of La Grande). Dad had sold his Elgin dental practice, had bought his practice in Baker, and was commuting to Baker every day. I think this was about the time that Mom and Dad had decided that it was time to move to Baker. Which was sad, because that meant leaving the log house my parents built on a beautiful piece of property outside of Elgin.

10 years ago.... 1998
I was 14 years old. This was my first year in high school. I was just getting involved in theatre, I had gotten into the all-women select choir, and was really enjoying it.

5 years ago....2003
I was in my freshman year of college. I was staying up until about 4 am spending time with friends. At this point I had realized that I didn't want to be a pre-med major and was trying to figure out what the heck to do with my college career.

3 years ago.... 2005
Nathan and I had just started seriously dating after knowing each other for 6 months. I was in my junior year of college, a theatre major, and was living off campus (thank goodness!).

1 year ago....2007
I had just started working at the dispatch center and was starting Academy in Salem. Nathan was still working at the Credit Union. Marla had pass away a month ago and we had just moved into her house that she had left us. At this point, we only had Bandit.

Yesterday I....worked, had a pretty relaxed and entertaining day. One of our officers had seen the meteor that went over Baker at around 5:30 am and didn't know what it was. So my partner and I put together an Alien Survival Kit for him, filled with various survival necessities made out of tin foil. Awesome.

Today I...slept in until 9:15 (3 1/2 hours past when I wake up on work days). Now I'm sitting in bed, watching tv and typing this. At some point this morning I'm going to go work out, and then I'm going to go grocery shopping. Oh, and laundry is going to be in there somewhere.

Tomorrow...will probably be very much the same as today. Sleep in, work out, probably clean the house.

Yah, I know. My life rocks. I have no idea who to tag, so if you read it and want to do it, go for it!

No comments: