Sunday, February 17, 2008

Goodness Gracious Great Balls of....Fur?!

I've never had a German Shepherd before. I once stayed with someone who owned a German Shepherd. We now have a German Shepherd. We got her as winter was beginning. This means that she already had her winter coat when we got her. And now spring has tentatively sprung. Which means that Heidi's winter coat is beginning to shed...and DEAR GOD! I've seen horses that shed less than this dog! Between Nathan and I, we brushed her for over an hour and barely made a dent. Here is the result (note that I put an Xbox controller in the picture in order to give you something to compare the pile to)....

The side view.


The top view.

The darn dog is STILL shedding. In clumps! We literally have clumps of soft blond hair all over our house. Arly, do your German Shepherds shed like this?! I'm contemplating having it made into yarn and selling it.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh....my....goodness.

Arly said...

Yes, Yes they do. German Shepherds shed twice a year completely... Not saying they'll ever be hairless, they wont. Every time you brush her you'll get that amount of hair or more. You can start pulling tuffs off of them. Since she's an inside dog as well, you might want to invest in a product called ZORB (made by the Dyson people)...
It's helpful if you brush her every day, but even then you'r carpets will be over flowing. That's why our dogs are now outside dogs. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Auntie Dani said...

Tabatha is going through the same problem with her pug. She's threatened to make sweaters out of the fur that is falling off of her. Somehow...I believe her...

Good luck with the fur problem!