Monday, March 3, 2008

So Excited!!!!

As if I don't have enough on my plate between my job, working on our house, being a team leader for relay for life, etc...ha ha ha

My friend, Carly, and I have decided to start training for the Teton Dam Marathon in Rexburg, ID that takes place on June 14th. That's where Carly lives, and I figure that it will probably be easier for me to go where she lives so that she doesn't have to travel with Stella. Plus it will be fun to see where she lives! I can't even tell you how excited I am about this!

Since this will be our first marathon, I think we're just going to do the 5k, which is just over 3 miles long. After we tackle that, who knows, but I'm super excited to start training for my first marathon AND have someone to do it with! It will be extra incentive to keep my running time up, which won't be too hard since I've become thoroughly addicted to running anyway.
Here's the website for the marathon, it's to commemorate when the dam broke and flooded the valley back in the day...hope it doesn't happen again!

http://www.dammarathon.com/

No comments: