Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekly Weigh In

So when I got home from work this morning, I immediately jumped on the scale for my weekly weigh in. What a disappointment...a measly 0.2 pounds lost. On top of that, I really hadn't lost anything in terms of measurements.

For the rest of the day, I was feeling kinda down, but thankfully Carly came by with Stella and we hung out and talked for about an hour, which made it pretty hard to feel sorry for myself. Friends and cute babies kinda have that effect on me.

After Carly left, I had a turkey pita sandwich (YUM!) and then crawled back into bed to read for an hour or so before needing to jump in the shower, make dinner and go to young life. But before I got in the shower, I got on the scale again, more out of desperation than anything...

I was down another pound!!!

I just have to remember that when I am on graveyard, I need to wait until after waking up to weigh myself, since I eat at night and my body needs a chance to digest. So that makes 1.2 pounds lost last week!

On a less happy note, Nathan has come down with some sort of a bug. He's been fighting it for the past couple of days, but today the bug won. Which means that he is now in bed and I'm avoiding him...I've managed to keep from getting sick all winter, and I plan on keeping it that way!

So now I am sitting down in the basement with the doggies, enjoying a small glass of wine. And to further make my night, I just found Dirty Dancing on cable, free of commercials...and it just started! How a man can be that macho and yet such an amazing dancer is beyond me, but I'm not complaining!

1 comment:

Carly said...

Poor guy hope he feels better soon!!!