Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Kitchen Asplode!

Nathan has officially begun the renovation of our kitchen. Unfortunately, it has to get worse before it gets better. So right now the contents of my kitchen are currently located in the dining room and the living room. The good news...Nathan somehow managed to unload the kitchen in a thoroughly organized manner, so we can still find anything we need to use. Our fridge is still working...in the dining room. We have no stove, and I wouldn't recommend using our mircrowave. But hey, our dishwasher and kitchen sink still work...for now.

Nathan is gradually chipping away at getting the old cabinets out. When I left for work tonight, he already had all of the hanging cabinets removed, with only minimal damage to the walls which is a lot better than what we feared would happen. He said he was going to work on removing the bar between the kitchen and the dining room, so that should be entertaining to see when I get home in the morning. I just have to keep telling myself that the new kitchen is going to look AMAZING! And I just have to get through the next week before I get to escape for a weekend of girl time with my mom in Burns while my dad comes up here to help Nathan install the new cabinets.

Meanwhile, Nathan's mom is here to help with painting and is making short work of the nursery. I think I'm going to be a lot happier with the new paint job than I was with the Carribean-themed green that we originally put in there. After that, if she has the time and energy, she's going to prime and paint the dining room wall that currently sports brick-like paint and a mural of Italian country side. I'm sad to see that go because Marla was so proud of it, but the type of paint she used makes it impossible to wash the walls. Plus...it's just time for a change. I have no idea how this painting would get done without Jan's generous help.

I keep telling myself that I'll be ok if I can just make it through to Wednesday. Tomorrow I sleep and then work until 6 am on Monday. On Monday morning, the guys who are installing our new vinyl flooring in our hallway and bathroom arrive at 9 am...same on Tuesday. Oh, did I mention that putting new flooring in the bathroom involves removing our toilet? So we'll be without a functioning toilet for two days...in a one bathroom house. Plus, my mom's parents are going to be staying in a hotel here in Baker on Monday night and want to take us out to dinner...on the same night as our Young Life bbq...I just found out about this yesterday. I'm trying to maintain a good sense of humor, but the only thing keeping me from ripping my hair out is the promise of three days with my mom next weekend.

No comments: