Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Whew, Long Day

Starting on Monday, installers came to install our new vinyl flooring in the bathroom and hallway. Putting new flooring down in the bathroom required us to remove our toilet and vanity for two days straight. Since this isn't a very good situation to be in when you're pregnant, we decided to rent a room at the Sunridge for two nights. It was kinda weird to be in a hotel room in our own home town, but it was almost like a mini vacation. After having dinner on Monday night, Nathan and I enjoyed some time in the outdoor pool and then just relaxed. It was great.

I woke up at about 4:00 Tuesday morning, wide awake. The bummer about being in a hotel room is you can't go into the next room to watch tv or read when you're unable to sleep. So I came back to the house and read for about 2 hours before falling back asleep. Nathan woke me up at 7 am to see if I wanted to have breakfast with him. After that, I had to wait two hours before the floor installers showed up, by which time I was ready to fall asleep again...not to mention go to the bathroom! I finally made it back to the hotel room, but I didn't get to crash until around 2 because people kept calling me and waking me up.

After a couple hour nap, I grabbed some chow and then went to see Mamma Mia with Dana. GREAT movie, holy cow! Dana and I were definitely the youngest people in a theatre PACKED with older ladies. All of whom were pretty darn funny. I'll definitely be purchasing it when it comes out on dvd.

When I got home, Nathan had the bathroom put back together (yay for a functioning toilet) and was working on the first coat of white paint on one side of the new bathroom door. The floors look GREAT! He and I finished up the second coat on that side of the door and I put the first coat of paint on the door frame. Then he headed to the hotel room to sleep while I, finally being on graveyard sleep schedule, got a first coat on the other side of the door. By the time that was done, it was definitely time to get off my feet. So I just finished watching Happy Feet, and now it's time to go put a second coat of paint on both the door and the frame. Then I'll probably read for a while, crash for an hour or so, and see what other paint jobs I can find around the house.

Tonight I go back to work for two days and then I get to head to Burns to spend the weekend with my mom while my dad comes up here to help Nathan with installing the new kitchen cabinets/counters. I'm so incredibly excited to have two and a half days to spend with my mom. We have several projects that we're going to work on, including but not limited to starting on the bedding and decorations for the boys' room. Getting out of town and spending some quality time with my mom is going to be just what the doctor ordered.

Ok, time to get back to painting!

No comments: