Thursday, July 31, 2008

Update

And it's good news! Not exactly what we were hoping for, but close!

My uterus was quiet all night last night except for two small contractions when my bladder got too full. Because of that, the doctor here has decided to go ahead and let us drive to Portland today in order to have an appointment with a doctor at Emanuel (where my mother in law works). From there, they're hoping to manage me as an outpatient on bed rest. If they decide that's an option, I'll be staying at my mother in law's in Hillsboro and will have weekly appointments to get checked on.

Nathan will be going back to Baker on Sunday in order to be at work next week. We're hoping that within the next couple of weeks they can get him set up to do distance work, so he doen't have to go into the office every day. But we'll see. Meanwhile, it's a huge relief to know that I most likely will not have to stay in a hospital for the duration.

I have to admit, the skies look a lot bluer today than they did yesterday. I will handle bedrest (mostly) gleefully if I can do it from a house instead of a hospital. So if any of you are in the Portland area, by all means, come visit me!!! I'll need lots of company to keep from losing my sanity. Oh, and lots of books. : )

As for the boys, both of the their heartbeats were going strong this morning, and Asher is continuing his tap dancing on my ribs.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and positive thoughts, I know they made a HUGE difference!

No comments: