Friday, October 31, 2008

Boo...urns

If you don't watch the Simpsons, you won't get it.

Happy Halloween everyone! I love Halloween, even now that I'm a "big girl" and can't get dressed up as often and most definitely can't go out trick or treating. But hey, I have two boys now...I'll just have to wait a few years until they're old enough.

Here's how I spent my Halloween. Woke up at 6:30 am to go nurse the boys, get settled in to tandem nurse, get about 10 minutes in, and suddenly my tummy hurts. It came on that fast, no warning. So I gave the boys back to the nurse to get the rest of their feeding through their tubes, told Nathan I wasn't feeling good, and went back to the Ronald House to crash. I was really hoping it was one of those short-lived things and it would be gone after a nap...but no.

I was chained to the toilet, first by the south end of my body and then finally, after hours of pain in my stomach, by the north end. Praying to the porcelain god. But only once! After which I went back to sleep and it's now 6:00 pm. I haven't seen my boys in almost 12 hours. And I feel a lot better...still a little shaky, but no tummy pain. I really think this was some sort of food poisoning because I didn't have any of the typical flu symptoms (nausea, chills, achy body, etc), just pain. And I had some questionable meatloaf that one of the Ronald House volunteers made yesterday for a late afternoon.

The biggest bummer? I don't get to see the boys in the cute Halloween shirts that Kate, Nathan's sister, got the boys! One says "I Love My Mummy" and has a little mummy on it, while the other one says "Little Monster" and has Frankenstein on it. Nor do I get to see them in their "Baby's First Halloween" bibs that were a gift from (are you ready for this?) Nathan's Dad's friend's daughters, or their hooded pumpkin blankets that Kate's inlaws got the boys. Major pouting going on over here! I knew I should have put all that stuff on them at the 1 am feeding!

Anyway, I'm still quarantined to our Ronald room until tomorrow morning. Nathan is staying in the Nicu again, just in case what I had/have really is contagious. Thank goodness I picked out a bunch of movies from our Great Movie Escapade to keep here in the room, so I won't go completely crazy with bordome.

Again I say, BOO...URNS!

Just in case the mystery is driving you crazy, here's the link to the video.

Simpsons Boo...urns!

No comments: