Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Big Boys!

Wow, that was a long day. Really long. But it's my own fault, I'm the one who couldn't resist going out into the countryside to shoot photos, I'm the one who wanted to feed my boys this morning rather than going to bed which caused me to have to stay up until their 1:30 appointment. I'm the one that added several errands onto our outing because I just didn't want to go home yet. It was simply too beautiful of a day. All in all, I was up for just shy of 24 hours straight...and then I slept like the dead for about 8 1/2 hours. And it was all worth it.

We took the boys to their WIC appointment, where they got weighed and measured, and we got to sit in the WIC nurse's hot hot hot office (the boys were boiling, poor things) for about an hour because, as much as I love this nurse, she is a Chatty Cathy. She said the boys are growing wonderfully, especially for preemies (I have a hard time thinking of them as preemies anymore).
They both weighed in at 12 lbs 15 oz, just 1 oz away from 13 lbs, and they're both right around 23.5 in long. On Thursday, they have an appointment with our family doctor, so we'll see how much they grow in 3 days and hopefully we'll get a head measurement too. In case you're keeping track, both of the boys gained over half a pound in 11 days...Asher gained about 12 oz and Levi gained about 9 oz.

I'm feeling particularly uninspired in terms of writing at the moment, so I hope you'll forgive my lack of imagination. It may have something to do with it being 2:18 am and the fact that I just woke up half an hour ago. I do, however, still feel a very strong need to go shoot some more photos in the morning...I just have no idea where or what to shoot. And then there's that minor detail that it's suppose to be raining today, snowing tomorrow. Yuck. Give me back my spring weather, darn it! Plus my house is a DI-SAS-TER (the usual when I get done with my long work week) and the gal who cleans our house (still the best Christmas present ever) is going to be showing up tomorrow afternoon, so I have to prep for her arrival. Can't someone else take over the adult tasks in my life and just let me do photography and play with my boys?

Ok, I'm going to cue up ABC.com on the computer and watch the latest episodes of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Dancing With the Stars, and Castle...for free. But first, let me tell you a secret:

I don't miss having cable. At all.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I don't miss having cable either except for TLC... I love that channel and their shows aren't on hulu.