Friday, March 20, 2009

A Day Out

Yesterday Nathan had an appointment in La Grande, and I was fully prepared to beg him to let the boys and I come with him. It's been quite a while since I've gone anywhere that doesn't involve work or the grocery store, so it felt great to get out of town for a little bit, especially with how nice of a day it was yesterday. We managed to get to La Grande before the boys woke up for their second feeding of the day, so while Nathan went inside for his appointment, I stayed in the car and fed the boys. It worked pretty well just leaving them in their carseats while feeding them, and then taking them out one at a time to burp them. It was so warm out that I had to keep a couple of the car doors open or else the inside of the car got really stuffy and hot. It was fun to have it warm enough to hold the boys outside without worrying about them getting too cold...so excited for spring to be here!

After Nathan's appointment, we went to Wally-World (WalMart for those of you not in the know) to get the boys a new bathtub as their collapsible tub started leaking big time. While we were there, we found one of those Bumbo seats and decided that we could afford to buy it so the boys would have somewhere to sit without putting any pressure on the back of their heads. We were thinking we would want one for each of the boys, but I think we'll be good with just one. After WalMart, we grabbed some lunch from Nell's-N-Out, the La Grande version of In-N-Out, but better, and then headed home so I could get some sleep.

All in all, it was a fun day, and it was great to just spend some time with Nathan and the boys, especially out of the house. I've missed hanging out with my family since going on graveyard shift.


Asher in the Bumbo.


Levi in the Bumbo


The boys enjoying each other's company. Levi laying down, Asher sitting up.


All of those photos were taken yesterday. Oh, and I was going to upload a video of the boys being talkative in their bouncers this morning, and once again I was thwarted by the evil Blogger video uploader, which seems to believe that I should not share these adorable videos with you. If you have a better way of sharing videos that uploads faster, please let me know. I'm going to bed now.

PS. Tomorrow Levi and Asher will be 6 months old. SIX MONTHS OLD! Excuse me while I go cry.

No comments: