Monday, December 1, 2008

Pop Quiz

It's around midnight, your twin boys are sitting in their swings, screaming their heads off to be fed ("Like, ten minutes ago lady!!!), and your partner in all things baby is sawing logs in your cozy warm bed. What do you do?

The answer?


Hey, a mom of twins has gotta do what a mom of twins has gotta do. I usually try to feed them one at a time for that individual bonding time while the other makes do with a binkie for a few minutes. But when neither will be placated by said binkie for more than about 30 seconds, drastic measures are in order.

Many thanks to Asher for holding Levi's bottle for me while I took this photo.

Let's just say...the day that they learn to hold their own bottle will be a glorious day!

And yet, how much do I love them at this size? So torn.

Now if only we could figure out how to get them to sleep during the night and stay awake all day instead of the vice versa, which is their M.O. right now. I go back to work tomorrow... tonight?...Monday at 7 pm, and poor Nathan is going to have to take care of them all night, as well as during part of the day while I'm sleeping in preparation for going back to work again that night. So it would be great if the boys would consistently sleep between feedings so Nathan could catch a few winks as well.

Here's a photo of the boys that I caught on my cell phone. Our Mac desktop has the ability to sync with our cell phones via blue tooth, which rocks, so I copied the photos from my cell onto our computer. It amazed me how different the boys look in this photo.


Thanksgiving was actually relatively uneventful. My parents and grandparents (on my dad's side) were here and had rented a house about six blocks from our place for the week. It was wonderful, because it meant that our house could be our sanctuary of sorts, a place where we could just get away and have some peace and quiet. Which becomes quite the commodity when you have twins, let me tell you.

Speaking of which, Asher is STILL awake, kind of. He was in his swing and would make me think he had fallen asleep but then would cry. And then fake sleep again. And then cry. So out of the swing and the awesome swaddle wrap that Hannah got for the boys, and into the moby wrap with him!

Speaking of the awesome swaddle wrap, you gotta see this thing. It uses Velcro to hold it all together...a baby straight jacket, if you will. An infant mummy. It's great and actually keeps those pesky little arms under control and from undoing the entire swaddle. Which keeps baby happy. Most of the time. Unless said baby is only happy when he's being held. (sigh) Only 3 1/2 hours until I get to sleep. Anyway, here's a photo of Asher in his straight jacket...ahem...swaddle.



And despite being in the moby wrap, snuggled up against Mommy, Asher is still...



...wide awake.

1 comment:

Auntie Dani said...

oh my gosh those boys are darn cute!!! I love those swaddle things. We use it all the time on my co worker's baby...works like a charm!