Friday, April 24, 2009

Finally, Yeesh!

Yes, I'm finally putting up photos of the boys. Nathan had to go to work at noon, and I am barely functioning after just getting 4 hours of sleep after two graveyard shifts; thankfully, both of the boys have deemed it necessary to take naps, Asher in his crib for the last two hours or so, Levi enjoying his second one of the morning in the bouncer. Because let me tell ya, Mommy is on basic functions at the moment, and it hasn't gotten better for all that I've up for an hour. Usually it does, but not today.

But enough about me. I'd like to share with you a study of my boys. More particularly, my second born.

This is my second born. We recently stopped swaddling the boys and Asher has developed a very interesting habit. He pretty much flat refuses to sleep on his back anymore.


This is my first born. He's perfectly a-ok with sleeping on his back. Sometimes he'll roll over to his side or tummy, but those instances are few and far between.


But then there's his brother. Unfortunately, sleeping on your tummy isn't easy business folks. There are times when you just plain want to be on your back or side.


The rough part is when you're sleeping too hard to get yourself back onto your back or side. Fortunately, Mommy or Daddy is always just a ear-piercing shriek away.


They're always happy to run into the room to roll me back onto my back before I wake up my brother.


After which I promptly roll onto my tummy again.


Lather, rinse, repeat.

Ok, I can't lie. There's something about a baby sleeping on their tummy that just makes my heart melt. I know, there's no rhyme or reason to it, but there it is.

No comments: