Thursday, August 7, 2008

Counter Top

Nathan just got done building the counter top that is going on the bar in our kitchen. What blows me away is that he actually BUILT it all himself. The only part that came pre-fabricated was the laminate sheet that he glued to the top...and even that he had to cut to the right size. The counter itself is going to come out further into the dining room so that we have an actual breakfast bar to sit and eat at if we feel like it. I can't wait to see what the entire bar looks like once it's done.

Nathan also managed to do a beautiful job putting a beveled edge around the counter top with a router, something I don't think I would have been able to do without ruining something at some point. Every time he pulls off a project like this, it astounds me with how easily he teaches himself skills that he previously didn't have.

If you want to see pictures, go to our Picasa site. The photos of the counter are at the end of the kitchen section, somewhere in the middle of all the photos. The long edge with the corner cut off is going to be the edge that goes out into the living room, while the completely straight long edge is going to be in the kitchen.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lindy.yl/Remodel2008

It's official, my husband is my hero!

In other news, the boys have ceased just kicking me and have started doing the prolonged brushing of the inside of my tummy. My stomach has taken on a life of its own. Oh, and did I mention that Levi has become a pro at kicking me directly in the bladder? Having something (or a couple of somethings) move in your tummy is perhaps one of the strangest sensations I've ever experienced. And for the past couple of days, it has been impossible to feel full. I don't know if that means that the boys are growing, but I can't seem to stuff my face enough to keep my stomach from growling. It's just wrong.

One major plus for bedrest...my ankles are NEVER swollen anymore. I now remember what my regular feet and ankles look like!

Tomorrow (or rather today since it's almost 3 am...stupid graveyard sleep schedule) is another appointment with Dr. Jenkins and I'm SOOOOOO excited about getting out of the house! Then Friday evening is the baby shower that Kate and my mother in law are throwing for us...and even more exciting (if that's possible) is that Nathan will get here around 7 pm!!! I miss him so much, I can barely stand it when I think about it so I try not to think about it too much. He'll be here until Sunday, as will Kate's husband. So it will be a full house here, which will make the weekend go by really fast. On one hand, that's a good thing since time going faster is a huge plus...on the other hand, it's a bad thing because that means that Nathan will be heading back to Baker.

By the time Monday rolls around, I'll be ready to have a day to just rest! That is, if I don't have a dr's appointment again!

No comments: