Monday, January 7, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I've decided that I need to get back into doing Weight Watchers again. I lost 20 lbs on it during the summer and then slacked off and gained half of that back. So it's time to start again!

In order to motivate myself and keep myself accountable, I put a weight loss ticker on our blog. It shows my goal weight loss (30 lbs), and how far I've gone towards that (0 so far since I just started today). If you see me remove that ticker before I get down to my goal weight, call me on it, it probably means I'm slacking off again!

While I was on Weight Watchers, I absolutely loved it. I loved how I felt, how much energy I had, how comfortable I was in my body, and how easy it was to use. The point system pretty much rocked my world because it forced me to be completely honest with how much or little I was eating each day...but it only works if I actually write down what I'm eating and the points for each thing! Things started going downhill when I stopped writing down my points and tried to keep track in my head...it's too easy to cheat that way!

Now that I'm motivated to start eating right again, I just need to get motivated to work out more often. That, as much as eating right, is what made me feel so good, because my body was doing something besides just sitting. Not only that, but it helped me actually have energy during the day, which is almost unheard of.

I just found out that WW now has a weekly meeting here in Baker, at the Baker Towers on Tuesday nights. I'd like to start going to those every other week (they end about the same time I get off work), so we'll see what happens. I've decided that I'm going to weigh myself every Monday...your weight can fluctuate several times a day, so it's not good to weigh yourself more than once a week. So stay tuned for the newer, slimmer me!

2 comments:

Carly said...

Lindy-
I need your help girl. I can't do this on my own. I want to lose about 30 pounds, too. I have to lose pretty slowly since I'm nursing but would you want to kind of work on it with me?! I need some advice on the WW because the online program is not very helpful for newbies-- I think if I had done it already, with meetings, etc, then I'd know more what's going on, etc. Anyway- When you have time give me a call so we can talk about it!! That'd be awesome!
Good luck, girl!

Carly said...

Ok Lindy I added a ticker to my blog, too! Now we can keep on top of each others progress and help eachother out. :)

Break a leg with your play!