Friday, January 11, 2008

Oh for the love...

I didn't get any sleep last night. Absolutely none. Zip zero nada.

I stayed up pretty late because my parents got into town and I want to spend as much time with them as possible since they're heading back to their boat on the 24th and will be gone for 6 months. Once I finally got to bed, things just got worse. First I had a bad stomach ache that kept me awake. When that calmed down, Nathan started snoring every time I was about to fall asleep. Eventually, I gave up and moved to the couch in order to read for a few minutes then hopefully fall asleep, since my parents were in the guest bedroom. At which point my parent's dog started whining down in our basement...loudly. So yeah, no sleep for Lindy.

And now I have to work a 12 hour shift AND get through opening night of the play I'm in tonight. I have no idea how I'm going to do it. Unfortunately, one of our dispatchers is now on maternity leave, so all of our reserve dispatchers are schedule to cover her shifts. Which means that there really isn't anyone to cover any other shifts.

When 10:00 am rolls around, I'll have been up for 24 hours...and then I'll have another 12 or so to go before I can collapse.

But in good news, I just found out this morning that I got bumped from a Level 1 pay scale to a Level 2, because I've been at this job for a year. So I got a raise! That's always a good thing.

No comments: