Monday, January 21, 2008

Relief...and Other Emotions

Last night was our last performance of Laundry & Bourbon here in Baker. It's kind of bitter sweet. Anyone who has done theatre before knows the love/hate relationship you develop with the play you're doing. That's very much the case with this play. I will really miss seeing everyone involved on a regular basis, and I'll miss the characters, but gosh darn it, if I hear the lines from the first half of the play one more time in the near future, I just may scream. Plus, I'm just plain tired. Oh, and if I have to eat guacamole again any time soon, I just may throw up. I HATE guacamole and I had to eat it for the play. There was no way around it. Last night I got a huge mouthful of it and I almost threw up all over the stage...oh the things we do for our art!

Anyway, we had the owner the La Grande bowling alley come see our performance last night. He is putting on a wine dinner in February and he is wanting us to come perform for it on Feb 23 & 24. I have kind of mixed feelings about this...part of me really wants to do it because it means more revenue for the theatre, but another (larger) part shudders at the thought, for several reasons. First, if I get the P&P job, I may be at academy in Salem Jan 28-Feb 22nd. Which means I would get home from academy either late on the 22nd and have to turn around and drive to La Grande (45 min away over a mountain pass) and back for two days in a row, or I would come home on the 23rd, and get home just to turn around again and drive to La Grande. OR, if I don't get the job, I will be working that weekend. So I will be working a 12 hour shift, driving to La Grande, doing the play, driving back late that night, and getting up at 5 am the next morning to do it all over again. Makes me tired just thinking about it. So we'll see what happens.

Last night was also my last time to see my parents before they head back to the boat for 6 months. They just got back yesterday evening from a skiing trip in Montana, spent the night with us, and got up at 3 am this morning to drive back to Burns for my dad's last day of work. They don't fly out until the 24th, but unless Nathan and I magically are able to go visit them at some point, we won't see them at all for 6 months. Which wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't for the fact that I can't call them whenever I need to. Instead, we have to email them, ask them to call us, and then hopefully not miss their call from their satellite phone. I'm going to miss being able to just pick up the phone and call just to chat every day. I know they love sailing, and I could never ask them to stop...but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

No comments: