Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's Going To Be Kind Of a Long Day

For some reason, I thought our Active Shooter Training for work last night was only suppose to go from 6:00 to 8:00...silly me, it was really scheduled to go until 10:00. And, of course, it actually went until around 10:30. Bad new for the girl who has to get up at 5 am to work the next morning (aka me).

The training was fun for the most part, but I was super bummed because (thinking the training only went to 8:00) I had arranged for Nathan and I to meet up with my parents one last time before they head back to the boat on the 24th for 6 months. They came into town last night in order to leave early this morning for their yearly ski trip with a bunch of friends to Big Mountain in Montana. They're coming back through on Sunday, but they can only stop for a little bit before I go to my last performance of the play and they have to keep heading to Burns, since Dad has to work his last day on Monday. So I may get to see them for a few minutes on Sunday, but then they head to Portland on the 22nd in order to fly out early on the 24th. It's going to be really sad to not have them around, not be able to call them whenever I want/need, after getting use to having them back home for a year.

In other news, today I have to tell my boss that I'm applying for another job, which gives me just a little bit of a nauseous feeling in my stomach. I think he'll take it just fine, since I'm not going to say anything bad about this job and am just going to tell him that I'd like the chance to try for a job that is directly related to my passion (working directly with people to better their lives). I'll let you know how he reacts.

PS. Did I mention that if I get this job, I'd get to go through Defensive Tactics and Firearm training at Academy?! :D

No comments: