Friday, May 22, 2009

Prayers for Sick Kiddos

We need some serious prayers for the boys. Both of them came down with a runny/stuffy nose two days ago. While Nathan and I were a little freaked out because it's their first cold, but we weren't too worried because it was just a runny nose. This morning, however, both of them woke up with a really bad cough. No fever yet, thank God, but we're getting them into the doctor today because there's still a really high chance of them developing RSV.

I know this little cold probably sounds pretty mild but because the boys are preemies (kind of hard to remember with them this big and healthy), their lungs still aren't 100% developed. If they get RSV, it could make it so hard for them to breathe that it's possible they would need to be put on ventilators at the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). This is a worst case senario of course, but also a very definite possibility, especially since this was the first month they didn't get their Synagis vaccine, which protects against RSV.

So major prayers would be seriously appreciated, because I have no doubt in my mind what prayer can do. While there is never good time for babies to be sick, this is the worst possible timing as I leave in three days for my interview, testing, and sit-in tour. I really can't postpone these things, so it would be wonderful to know that our kiddos are a-okay before I leave.

No comments: