Friday, May 22, 2009

Update

Nathan took the boys in to see the staff nurse this morning. Evidently Asher is completely back to normal, but Levi's getting the brunt of it. While Nathan was there, Levi's temp spiked from 97 to 100.1 degrees. Thankfully the nurse did an RSV test on Levi and it came back negative. Big sigh of relief here! The nurse said to keep an eye on Levi and if his temp goes above 101 to bring him back in. Other than that, we just need to keep him comfortable and he'll most likely get back to normal soon enough, just like Asher did.

In other news, I got a call from Penny at Jefferson County Dispatch (Madras, OR) asking if I was still interested in the position there. I told her I was, and she asked if I could come over there to test on June 1st. Unfortunately, that's the same day that I test at Tacoma Dispatch. I told her I was going to be in Washington that day and that it's one of the few things I can't reschedule. She said she was going to talk to the supervisor about rescheduling and then get back to me because I'm one of their top picks for this position.

About an hour later, she called back and asked if I had taken the POST test, which is a reading, writing, and math test. I had taken a test like that for this position, so I'm going to have the gal who is in charge of our personnel files here fax a copy to them on Tuesday. If it's the same test, I don't have to go over there to test. If it's not the same, I am scheduled to take the test at 9:00 am on June 3rd...as in, I get back from Tacoma on the evening of the 1st, work all day on the 2nd, drive to Madras on the 2nd and spend the night, test on the morning of the 3rd and drive home. Penny did mention, though, that if it's not the same test, she's going to contact my boss about the possibility of me taking the test here in Baker instead.

Gotta love having more than one possibility opening up to you!

No comments: