Thursday, May 21, 2009

Runny Noses

Runny and stuffy noses.

Not a good combo for a restful night for anyone in the Labunski household.

Yes, my babies are sick. Nothing too major, just runny/stuffy noses. But it does make for some sleepless nights for our poor babies, and subsequently for mommy and daddy too. Night before last, Asher had to sleep in the swing so he could sit up and breathe better (you know how it is when you lay down with a cold and feel like you're suffocating) and Nathan slept on the couch to be close to him since he was waking up every 30-60 minutes crying. Last night was Levi and Mommy's turn out in the living room, while Asher managed to sleep in his crib quite soundly. Levi, on the other hand, was waking up every hour.

Hopefully they get over this soon and it doesn't become any worse. The chances of them developing RSV (very serious for preemies) is still pretty high since this is their first month without their Synagis shot, and I really don't want to see our kiddos land in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). Now, lest you think I'm being overly dramatic or paranoid, it's a very real possibility. Preemie lungs develop slower than full-term babies, and getting RSV at this point could put them on ventilators. Most likely, they will have to get Synagis shots again next winter.

As it is, though, they're still pretty happy guys despite their runny/stuffy noses. And there is a possibility that these noses are a result of teething, especially since they aren't running any kind of fever or having any other symptoms. Who knows! But prayers would be appreciated, especially since Mommy is starting to feel a sore throat coming on, only 4 days before her big trip.

Speaking of big trips (is this post long enough yet? no? oh good.), there was one little speed bump on our journey of selling our house. On Tuesday, our realtor called Nathan and told him that the appraiser appraised the house $5000 lower than our asking price. That was a big bummer, especially since we're having to pay half of the closing costs as well, but we decided to go ahead and accept that amended offer. The buyers were more than willing to pay our initial asking price despite it being appraised lower, but their bank flat refuses to approve a loan for over the appraisal price. Lame. As it is, we'll still have 4-5 months worth of living expenses to put in savings after we pay off all of our debt. And when you think about it, that's pretty darn good for two punk kids under 30 years old with twin infants. Plus, there really was no guarantee that we'd get another offer this good if we were to turn this one down because of $5000.

So, life continues its little ups and downs, and we're just hanging on for the ride.

No comments: