Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bi-Polar Mother Nature

One thing I forgot to mention in my post last night...it snowed yesterday afternoon. A lot. We had accumulation on the ground. HUGE flakes. And when they weren't huge, there were a ton of them coming down. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it JUNE?! As in, less than 10 days until the first day of summer?

And then this morning was clear and kind of warm...as in, above freezing. The new snow on the mountains was absolutely beautiful with the sun rising on it. But still...it's JUNE! This is more like the springs/summers I grew up with here in Baker. You know, the ones where we regularly had snow on the 4th of July. But then the next day it will be 90-100 degrees.

In other news, we got our equity loan checks yesterday!!! So now we are in the process of paying off both car loans and the rest of our credit card. After that, we will still have quite a bit of money left over for remodeling the house and then still some left to cover our butts in case I have to be out of work for bedrest or after the kiddos are born for longer than I have paid leave hours available for. So now the remodeling can start in ernest...yay? Ha ha ha. It's going to be interesting, but oh man is our house going to look good when it's done! That's what I keep telling myself.

No comments: